Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Waiting for the garbage men

I am anxiously anticipating the trash pick up. I put out 4 of those big paper landscaping waste bags full of ivy and now the rain seems to be picking up. The garbage men usually come at mid-morning so I hope it all will last. I also believe that you can put out yard waste just in clearly marked bags, not in the tightly sealed cans, as the city requires for other garbage. They do say on the Baltimore City web site that there are no volume limits for yard waste, which is good because I have a lot out there.

I was particularly anxious to do a number on the yard because the neighborhood rat has been spotted again and I wanted to remove anything that might attract it (or them). This winter in particular has left a mess behind in my yard. The ivy fell over, branches broke off, and everything just looked terrible.

As shown in the photo, the wind and rain are pushing over my daffodils. Oh, well, I assume they’ll be all right after the rain leaves and the sun comes out. Yesterday I wrote an article about how to care for spring bulbs and I mentioned staking them. I did think of doing that to my own daffodils but the weather is supposed to improve soon.

While I was waiting for Blogger to settle out so I could post this, they came and took all of my bags of ivy. Hampden garbage men are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment