Saturday, March 27, 2010

Drowning in Ivy

I keep thinking it is too early to do any real work in the garden, especially since it went down into the 20s here last night. I went out to putter around this afternoon and ended up doing major clean up. I even stopped to walk up to Giant to get some of those gigantic paper bags. Yes, I do have a compost pile, but I needed the bags for piles and piles of English ivy, which is everywhere in my yard. I pruned and pruned and pruned. Then I pruned some more. It all looks much better now. After I cleaned up I mowed the lawn for the first time this season and the whole place looks much improved.

When I was out there I was even more convinced that my new goals for the garden are the best thing. I have a small yard and in the spring I work the vegetables in around the spring bulbs and then eventually remove the bulbs. Now I can leave the bulbs in place, which will be much less work.

No comments:

Post a Comment