Saturday, January 10, 2015

Back Again



George Baily's wrecked car was represented at the flower show.
I am returning to my Baltimore Gardening Examiner post after a couple of years off. I wasn’t sure if I should continue writing with Examiner as it seemed rather time consuming but I missed it. I have some fresh ideas so let’s see what happens this go around.

I working on an Examiner article about how trees and shrubs are damaged by winter freezing and thawing. I don’t want to plan too many tree articles, but I want to look at evergreen trees locally to spotlight some winter color. I used to do “flower of the month” and would like to do something like that again so I can write about flowers in the dead of winter.

Speaking of flowers, I hit the annual poinsettia show at the Howard Peters Rawlings Conservatory  in Druid Hill Park, but I never got a chance to write about it. It had a clever “It’s a Wonderful Life” theme this year. I thought the car scene was clever, using an existing tree and then the round plant echoes the shape of the car wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment