Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Six Pack Anticipation (Flowers, not Beer)

I’m a little late getting things together this week. On Friday we went to DC to see the cherry blossoms and saw some other garden related things that I also want to write about. I have piles of photos and notes to untangle. All of this combined with a family filled holiday weekend and busy days at my real job makes for a late article.

I spotted these bluebells around the neighborhood when I was walking to the Waverly farmer’s market on Saturday. I went over to see if they had six packs of anything I would like to plant yet. They do have pansies and marigolds, which I already have and plenty of herbs. I will have to think about the herbs because I know that if I wait there are other vendors that have them for a bit less money. This farmer’s market is my main source for annuals, vegetables and herbs. A lot of times they have a better selection than local home and garden stores. In fact, I an even find seedlings for the heirloom plants I was growing from seed, which works out better for me as I have a small garden an not a lot of seed starting space.

Also, now that I get down the Eastern shore more often I like to plan a May visit to get things for my hanging baskets. One stand I visit has inexpensive six packs for colors of flowers that I prefer, but don’t normally see up here. They also have a wide variety of double petunias, which I like for my hanging porch baskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment