Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ode to Artificial Flowers

One of the reasons I’ve been so busy this month is that I’m working on a Baltimore themed luncheon with others. We decided that the centerpieces should be artificial flowers. I went to the dollar store and they came through for me because they had racks and racks of them on display. I got in line and it seemed that everyone was buying them. No one seemed to think it was unusual that I was buying 30 bunches. Ahhh…springtime in Baltimore!

As I work on this and neglect my real garden, people all around me are placing these very dollar store flowers and pots on their front porches or in the dirt of their front yard. Living rooms here all seem to be full of plastic flora. Like with fake Easter grass, I can’t say that I hate them, as they are just a part of life here. If it makes other people happy, fine. I’d rather have real flowers though, which is why I grow some specifically to cut every summer.

Over the weekend I finished the fake flower arrangements. Here they are growing all over the floor in the middle bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment